Helping to fulfill the Great Commission in the power of the Holy Spirit by winning people to faith in Jesus Christ, building them in their faith and sending them to win and build others; and helping the Body of Christ do evangelism and discipleship.
Cru - Fort Worth/Arlington, TX
- Win college students to Christ
- Build college students up in their faith
- Send college students to reach others for Christ
There are 110 million college students throughout the world (about 1% of the world’s population). This “powerful percent” will produce the world’s most influential leaders.
The leadership of nearly every sphere of society comes from the campus. Whether it’s the media, government, business or the church, today’s college students will lead the world tomorrow.
Our specific mission is to give each of the 100,000 students in the Fort Worth and surrounding areas, the opportunity to hear and respond to the Gospel.
- We help students grow in their relationship with Christ through:
- Biblical life application
- One-on-one discipleship
- Conferences and retreats
- Training on how to share the gospel
- Summer mission projects
We help students take the message of the Gospel around the world by sending them:
- On international summer mission projects
- On 1-2 year international Internships
- Into church leadership or full time ministry
- Into the workplace equipped to be disciple makers
Every Cru team has an international partnership. Our partnership is with Bologna, Italy. Bologna is home to one of the world’s oldest and largest universities. There are over 100,000 students in Bologna with less than 30 known believers on the entire campus. Every year we recruit students to spend a summer or a year STINT, Short Term International, to take the Gospel to Italy.
The campuses that our team serves on are TCU, UT Arlington, Midwestern State University, Tarleton State University, Texas Wesleyan University, Tarrant County College.
THE GOSNELL FAMILY
Once upon a time in 2004, there was a young man and a young lady who followed the Lord to Guatemala. Little did they know they would be introduced to each other, and their lives would forever change.
We’re Brent and Lindsay. We were married in August of 2005, and lived in Knoxville, TN for six years. We moved to Texas upon joining staff with Cru in the Fort Worth area, and we're living in Arlington, TX. We have two biological sons, Elijah and Leland. We’re silly, emotionally messy, organizationally obsessed (that’s me, Lindsay), adventurous, and we love Jesus Christ. We await the arrival of our Ethiopian child in the next couple of years. Come along with us on this crazy, grace-filled ride!
Cru is a caring community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ.
Cru is an interdenominational ministry committed to helping take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all nations. Started in 1951 on the UCLA campus, the ministry now has movements on more than 1600 campuses in the United States and in 191 countries.
We carry out our vision by trusting God to Win students to Christ, Build them up in their faith and Send them back out to reach others for Christ.
Read more about us at: thegosnellfamily.com
HOW TO PARTNER WITH THE GOSNELL'S
- Download and fill out the Faith Promise form
- Make any checks out to: "CRU"
- Drop them off in the offering boxes in the Mansfield Bible Church worship center or mail the form and your check at:
Mansfield Bible Church
2351 Country Club Dr., Mansfield, TX 76063
- If you have been their supporter and would like to continue your support, you only need to send us the Faith Promise Card indicating the support amount.
- We will forward your information and the check to the agency so they can put you in contact with them.
- If you would like to support them through prayers, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org